Advanced Training on Women’s Rights: Monitoring the Implementation of PWDV Act and State Mechanisms.
This is an advanced training of trainers (ToT) course that will be useful for middle to senior-level women’s rights defenders with some experience.
The medium of instruction, and course material, will be Tamil.
The intensive workshop will cover:
- Gender Justice and SDGs: Indicators, integration, and implementation (monitoring and mobilization)
- Mapping institutions/state mechanisms for PWDVA: Tools and Techniques for monitoring the rights of Women at different levels (district, state)
- Women rights in Tamil Nadu: What works and what doesn’t. The laws (with special focus on PWDVA, Dowry Prohibition Act, POCSO Act), Enforcement Agencies, and Human Rights Institutions (TNSCW).
- DV: Special needs of single women.
- Strategies for more effective protection of women and prevention of domestic violence.
Certificates of participation will be awarded.
Statutory warning: These courses are rather intensive, so be prepared for some concentrated work.
The registration fee is Rs.2000. It covers training material, lunch, accommodation and refreshments during the programme. A few scholarships are available. Please contact email@example.com for details.
Deadline: Two weeks before the course starts
Duration: Three to five days
Please contact by email at firstname.lastname@example.org